Home » Non-Immigrant Visa

Non-Immigrant Visa "B" - (business and work)


1. Visa Issuance

1.1 Foreigners who wish to work, conduct business or undertake investment activities in Thailand must apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa at the Royal Thai Embassies or Royal Thai Consulates-General. Various categories of the Non-Immigrant Visa are currently provided to meet the needs and qualifications of individual business people. These include business visa Category “B”, business-approved visa Category “B-A” and investment and business visa Category “IB”. Holder of this type of visa wishing to work in Thailand must be granted a work permit before starting work. The visa fee is 2,000 Baht for single-entry with three-month validity and 5,000 Baht for multiple entries with one-year validity. However, before applying please check the fee with the Immigration Office

1.2 Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence. Travelers are advised to contact the nearest Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.

Thailand Work Permit

All foreigners engaged in any kind of work in Thailand must hold a valid work permit, issued principally by the Department of Employment, the Ministry of Labour. According to the law, working without a valid work permit even for a day is a criminal offense.
The validity period of a work permit is under the holder's immigration status, i.e. a work permit usually expires on the last day of the period of stay allowed by immigration officials as shown on the visa. Foreigners holding transit and tourist visas are not permitted to work.

Our Projects